Friday, July 31, 2009

Zucchini Invasion

Out of all the vegetables in my gardent the one that it doing the best is by far the zucchini plants. From the two plants that we have so far we have gotten 8 huge zucchini's. I hear alot of differing opinions on the subject but personally I like to let my zucchini's get a little bigger. My new favorite thing to do with zucchini (besides making zucchini bread) is to marinate it for a few hours or even over night and then grill it. It's simple and yet oh so good! I have tried a few different marinades but so far my favorite is a sweet and tangy honey mustard marinade.

Honey Mustard Zucchini Marinade
3 tablespoons honey mustard
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon oil
and a handful of any herbs that you have lying around- Fresh basil has been very abundant and has paired really well with this marinade

Cut the zucchini into 1/4 inch strips or slices and marinade at least an hour or for maximum flavor marinate overnight. Turn the grill on medium high and cook the zucchini for about 8 minutes on each side. Be sure to turn regularly so that the zucchini doesn't stick!



I like to serve this with some marinated artichokes, roasted red peppers, and crusty bread. Hello tapas night! It sounds simple but if you like zucchini you are sure to love it!

For other great recipes check out the recipe swap going on over at The Grocery Cart Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. yummy! We made your zucchini parm the other night and it was super tasty.

    ReplyDelete