Sunday, July 26, 2009

Domestic Goddess Extraordinaire

My plans for today include cleaning, laundry, and baking some bread. Sounds like something out of a 1950's home journal or something. I actually like to clean and I love to cook and bake. The problem is work always seems to get in the way. By them time I work all day and come home the last thing I wanna do is cook and clean. Before working at my current job I had about a month from the time I left my previous job until the time I started my new job. It was an awesome look into what it would be like to be a housewife! The house was sparkling clean every day and I had awesome dinners ready for Jason when he walked through the door every night. Secretly if I could transport myself back into any time, I think I would want to be a 1950's house wife. 


A few months ago I cleaned out under my kitchen sink and found at least 20 bottles of cleaner. From floor cleaners, to glass cleaner, and even hardwood floor polish (we don't even have hardwood floors!). So I vowed not to buy any more cleaner until everything was used up. Well the other day I was looking for an all purpose cleaner and we didn't have any. Ultimately my goal is to get rid of all the cleaner we have and just have 2 or 3 cleaners to use for all the cleaning. Well I just found the Method Grapefruit all purpose cleaner. Its non toxic, safe on all surfaces, and it smells heavenly! 

From now on Method will be the only brand of cleaner that I buy!

When you guys clean do you have a set routine? Some people have to said to focus on a specific room on a specific day while other have said to do a quick clean up everyday and an intensive cleaning every week. Usually I pick up as I go but some how I feel like the cleaning is always getting ahead of me! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!  

No comments:

Post a Comment