Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blog Neglect!

I have been very neglectful of my blog lately! But in my defense I have also been busy doing a whole lot of nothing in particular. But to make up for my lack of commitment to my blog I have given it a face lift. As you can see I changed the name, I think the old name reflected the mood that I generally feel (like im swimming in jello). This one is just pretty (like the new background) and so I decided to keep it after much experimentation.


So anyway... Jason has been in New York for a week now and I am slowly being depleated of life. When I was in college I took a philosophy class and my professor told us about a writing by Aristotle that said that people are just one arm and one leg and life is difficult for them. But when they meet their soul mate they become whole and life is prosperous and joyful. Well thats basically Jason and I. When he's out of town life is harder. But I have been keeping very busy! I have been going out with friends and shopping and selling stuff on craigslist (Yay for getting rid of my futon from college!) So my friend is having a party this Saturday and it has a tropical theme. I told my friend I would bring a dessert and started racking my brain for something that is 1. cheap 2. easy 3. yummy! So finally I remembered the easiest yummiest and semi cheapest dessert I know how to make...
Tropical Fruit Salsa!

You will need...

  • 2 Kiwi's
  • 1 Container of blueberries
  • green or red grapes
  • strawberries
  • 1 can of dole tropical fruit medley
  • 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
  • Tsp of Vanilla
  • 1 Lime

Drain the can of fruit medley and set juice aside. Dice all of the fruit, except bluberries (which remain whole) and put into serving bowl.

Next combine sugar vanilla and fruit juice and stir until sugar disolves. Pour mixture over fruit. Cut lime into wedges, use 2 wedges to squeeze over salsa and 2 for garnish...

And Voila Fruit Salsa!

I serve it with tortilla chips that I cut into strips sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and bake for 10 mins at 350 degrees. This recipe is so easy and great. Everybody always loves it when I take it to pot lucks and parties.

I have noticed that this blog has taken on a food theme. Thats mainly because I eat everyday and I really enjoy it! But soon I hope to add some posts about my house and design, upcoming trips I will be taking, things I love and am inspired by, and possibly even some daily doses of cuteness via my dogs paco and heidi. But until then I hope you enjoy the recipes!

1 comment:

  1. I like your new blog design! The recipe sounds dee-lish! Sorry you're missing Jason...have fun at the party! CHEERS! Michele

    ReplyDelete