Monday, August 24, 2009

Cute Wedding Gift

I went to my cousins bridal shower this weekend. It was nice seeing everyone and seeing her so excited. I ended up wearing something completely different from what I had planned. I wore this black and white dress...

It ended up only paying $10 for it. I'm excited to wear it in the fall/winter with some black tights and tall black boots and a cardigan. It is a really comfortable dress so I will definately get some use out of it.

At the shower somebody gave my cousin a really cute gift. It was a bottle of wine, a bottle of champagne, and a bottle of sparkling cidar. Tied to the bottles were cute little cards.

The one of the wine said "Your Wedding Night- The night you have dreamed of is finally here. The future surrounds you with hope and yet fear. You’ve wanted so long to find your mate. Sip this wine and toast this date. The night is meant for you to share. Enjoy each other, a perfect pair. "

The Champagne bottle said "Your First Anniversary- Tonight you’ve been married a year one wonders where the time goes. No longer are you newlyweds, soon you’ll be pro’s. I hope the days have found you both in good health and spirit. Keep saying I love you one always needs to hear it. Now toast this date known as the first but certainly not the last. And as you build your future don’t ever forget the past."

and finally the sparkling cidar bottle said "The news that a baby will soon share your life will make you a mother not only a wife. You’ll see it through good times and sometimes bad. Nicole the loving mother, and Benjamin the dearest dad. Now instead of wine you will drink cidar in your glass. Sit back and relax nine months they quickly pass! "

I thought it was a cute and very non traditional gift. I was definately more creative than the vacuum that I bought her from her registry!

No comments:

Post a Comment