Monday, May 18, 2009

This is why I'm fat


So this week/weekend pretty much flew by. Last week I was in Harrisburg for a training. We stayed at a Hilton and to my demise they had warm chocolate chip cookies every single night. I dont even like chocolate chip cookies that much, until they are stairing at my every single night. But I did manage to resist the muffins and danish's every morning for breakfast. Instead I ate a ton of fruit and tea. So when I got on the scale this week I wasnt really looking for a loss. In fact I had already made up my mind that I was going to be 1-3 pounds heavier. As it turns out resisting those muffins did me some justice and I only gained .4 pound. Had I taken off my shoes, completely dried my hair before leaving the house, and/or not taken that sip of crystal light before weighing in I feel that I would have been the exact same weight as last week. This weekend I got my new dishwasher installed, YAY! It amazing to not have to stand in front of the sink and scrub dishes for 20 minutes.
For lunch today I tried a new vegetarian restaurant by work. It was so good to have an ENTIRE menu of food to pick from. Not just a veggie burger or fettucini alfredo. It was called the quiet storm and if you are ever in Pittsburgh I highly suggest that you check it out. The prices were amazing as well. For 8 dollars I got a huge seitan sandwhich with onion jam and cheese, tortilla chips, and some amazing cold potatoes with vinegrette dressing. It was a great meal. And it will probably contribute to another week of my not losing weight. But I am going to try and be good for the rest of the week. We'll see how that goes...


1 comment:

  1. You are funny! Thanks for commenting.. My book club will start on Monday with the details. So glad you want be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete